Mom, Mama, Katherine – I’ve been called worse, I’ll bet by my three sons, but not out loud.
Now we are in a new phase with two lovely wives and one lovely long term girlfriend. Each is spreading roots and this spring and summer is getting new houses to live in. One wife says “Let your mother decide” on some of the decorating ideas. One is an extremely good artist and sometimes wants a tiny bit of help and one is very talented in every way and wants to weigh in but will listen to practical advice. I love it.
Here’s my advice to each:
- Use what you have until you have the money to buy what you really want.
- Buy good things with style but longevity.
- Paint your walls a neutral so your furniture and artwork will compliment your house. You don’t want the paint to be the only thing you see.
- If you have pets (all of mine do) choose fabrics that can take some abuse.
- Make sure to have plenty of light from lamps and use soft white LED bulbs.
- Don’t crowd the rooms.